Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

eyelet bubble hem dress














This (third picture from the top) is my first and only attempt at a bubble hem dress, so it took a lot of trial and error on my part, to get this to turn into something close to what I originally wanted. The original inspiration was by Sass & Bide (shown above in stripe black and white), but the lacey black (eyelet) fabric was inspired by a Monique Lhuillier number of similar shape (shown second from the top). It doesn't show in the picture too clearly but this is lined in shocking orange, matching the glass beads ring buckle. I wanted to keep it young and fun, as black lace is too serious and safe on its own. The bow at the back was removable with the belt for versatility.





1 comment:

  1. hi, just letting you know I think that you being able to create something like this is amazing... it's my dream. I design all kinds of clothing, especially dresses, but don't have the resources or ability to execute them into an actual working piece! The bubble hem dress that you made i think is superb! i can't wait to see more of you're completed fashions!

    ReplyDelete