Blog Archive

Saturday, September 29, 2007

The first gown I EVER made


I'm proud to post today the picture of the first gown I ever made. Above is my beloved aunt, for whom I created this column gown, with matching scarf-style poncho in the destination wedding's color motif. The attachment points for the front and back of the 'poncho' are accented very simply with biggish Swarovski crystals. The dress features a left leg slit, to which my beloved 'client' added dainty details. A cute personal touch from one of my first customers, hehehe : ) In the next week I shall be posting the first gown I ever made for myself. Finished it just today and I can't wait to show the world!! It's in a caramel rust color Indian woven silk, with crystal and semi-precious stone beaded halter detail. PLUS I'm currently making the matching jacket in the same fabric, so I can't wait to show THAT to everyone as well.