Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

a pattern from the net is a gift from God


This pattern is truly a gift! I've been trying to form in my head how to make a balloon skirt like all the lady-like women are wearing. And one day I struck gold with a free pattern from a website. I printed all 35 pages, taped them together, and started making this one in size SMALL. However, I have to take pure credit for the mini-box-pleats detailing at the sleeves. It took me 6 hours to make all of those by hand! Plus, I love how big sleeves mean smaller looking arms, hahaha! The pattern, however, gave me a few problems, since the chest portion did not fit me at all. I guess their small size is not small enough. But after a few minor alterations, and addition of another dart from chest to shoulder, it finally fit perfectly! I love how this print always gives people a reason to smile. Who doesn't love monkeys -- monkey chefs for that matter?!?