Blog Archive

Monday, September 10, 2007

scarf blouses




This yellow scarf blouse is one of my earliest projects while this blue one is one of my latest. The yellow one was finished without an overlocking edger, and without me having any skills at properly forming gathers (I used a garter to gather the sides, instead!). But I love this blouse, and I don't think anyone notices the very simple techniques I applied as a beginner : ) The Swarovski baguette-shaped crystals I sewed to four points really gave it a finished haute couture look! I have since learned the techniques necessary for making professional looking gathered fabric blouses. So, this time, for the blue one, I used this lovely pattern, also in sheer drape-y fabric. I love it when animal prints are mixed with flowers, especially roses! The electric blue certainly makes it less mother-ly, and more pop divalicious!






2 comments:

  1. This is my first time visit at here and i am truly happy
    to read all at one place.

    Feel free to visit my webpage ... pradasale-shop.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This yellow scarf blouse is one of my earliest projects while this blue one is one of my Cheap Tops

    ReplyDelete